Thursday, September 11, 2008

Music Major

So, this is my first semester as a declared music major in performance. And let me tell its ALOT harder then last year. Get this, for my lessons last year each week I would have a snare piece a marimba piece and some timpani exercises. I just had my first lesson today and guess what I got. . . . . . . ALOT MORE MUSIC!!!!! I have 3 marimba pieces, all of which being 4 mallet, 1 vibraphone piece, which is also 4 mallet, 1 snare piece, a duet mallet piece with someone, some timpani, and next week we will add some drum set to it!!! For those who think that's not alot then you dont know music very well. It takes a butt load of practicing to perfect one piece and now I have 7 to perfect. And that's not even counting my percussion ensemble pieces. haha All I can say is BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

No comments: